Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Spiritual Gifts

Living out the Christian Life is exciting! A few months ago I met a woman on a plane. I wasn't supposed to be on that plane, and she was supposed to have one of her friends in the seat next to her, not me (her friend had to stay home sick). To make an attempt at this post not getting too long I will simply tell you that we were meant to meet and I will keep the precious details to myself.

{ Insert "HIGH FIVE GOD!" Here }


We connected in a big way! After that, she invited me to a women's event right in my hometown and I decided to go for it! I experienced some new things that made me curious... like, "speaking in tongues" for example. It made me curious enough to do a search through the Bible about it. That few moments of quiet time, when I said to my husband, "please, get out of the room and take care of the kids because I need 20 minutes"! ( p.s. I said please!) was one of the best moments I've had with God in months! I quickly flipped to 1 Corinthians 12 (also some passages in Acts) and began reading...SLOWLY. Verse 7 stood out to me: "A spiritual gift is given to each of us so we can help each other." So, do you mean to tell me that God is giving us as Jesus followers specific ways of helping each other? WOW! I want to know what my spiritual gift is! I think I discovered one of my gifts that day (we'll just leave it at that for now). I also, discovered a higher acknowledgement of ALL of the gifts that day. We are the living, breathing church body today in this world! We desperately need each part!

Do you want to know what your spiritual gift is? Discover it with God and ask Him to begin growing it in you!


p.s. Read through the entire chapter of 1 Corinthians 12 to get the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment