Friday, February 24, 2012

Super Woman!

Sometimes, I feel like a super hero! I mean come on, I'm a mom of 3, right? All I'm missing is the cape!

The superhero abilities that I want to talk about today go beyond being a hardworking mother. I'm talking about living my life as a part of the supernatural. I'm talking about living life in the Spirit!

It blows my mind that I have the same power that raised Jesus Christ from the dead living in me all the time! -Romans 8:11

God loved us so much that He gifted us with eternal life! The best part is, we don't have to wait for it! It starts NOW with the greatest power on earth, His Holy Spirit!

Let's think back for a minute together, and imagine being with Jesus as He prepared to leave earth. He told His followers,
"Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father". John 14:12 NIV

This is not a solo-mission. We get to be each other's sidekicks!

"All of you together are Christ’s body, and each of you is a part of it".
1 Corinthians 12:27 NLT

"A spiritual gift is given to each of us so we can help each other."
1 Corinthians 12:7 NLT

"To one person the Spirit gives the ability to give wise advice; to another the same Spirit gives a message of special knowledge. The same Spirit gives great faith to another, and to someone else the one Spirit gives the gift of healing. He gives one person the power to perform miracles, and another the ability to prophesy. He gives someone else the ability to discern whether a message is from the Spirit of God or from another spirit. Still another person is given the ability to speak in unknown languages, while another is given the ability to interpret what is being said".
1 Corinthians 12:8-10 NLT

And love... Love is the greatest power in heaven and earth! Let's not underestimate this. I'm not talking about love as our society knows it. I'm talking about God's casting out fear, never fails kind of love! His love will literally change the world!

How will this change the way you live today?



6 comments:

  1. Love, Love, Love this!! Out of all this grows the amount of abundance He has ESPECIALLY for me TODAY!! Taylored just for ME to be in my day, this day!! Thank you my Faithful Papa!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Joanne, we get to live out loud, His abundant gifts and love! He makes it so personal for each of us, reaches right in and touches my heart. Praise Him! Thanks so much for sharing with me!

      Delete
  2. I love the reminder of love as God's power--a super power for extraordinary living. While I might like to be known for my gift of words, God prefers that I be known for my gift of love. Thanks for writing as you blessed me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great words Melanie! When we realize how much He loves us, we want to pass it back out to the people around us! Then, we get to watch as more sidekicks get prepared, and it continues on, He continues on, with more rescues!

      Delete
  3. Amy, this is great! When we grasp the power of the Spirit in our lives we will crave only more of Him! Thank you for sharing with us. Love, Hester :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hester, it is blowing my mind lately of what He is capable of! His love and power is HUGE! We truly are little superheros when we follow His lead! I'm excited! Thanks for sharing back with me sister!

      Delete