Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My thoughts, His ways

I have to say, sometimes I don't like my thoughts.
They're a fickle mess. They can change the way I feel, what I want.

Who I think I am.

I have to remind myself every day that I am a daughter of the King. I am a child of God! I have to remind my mind, of His promises to me.

"We break down every thought and proud thing that puts itself up against the wisdom of God. We take hold of every thought and make it obey Christ".
2 Corinthians 10:5 NLV

God is inviting me to walk towards a better way of thinking, a better way of living.

He loves me!

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the LORD.
“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts". Isaiah 55:8-9 NIV

His thoughts and ways are beyond mine. He is God!
He can help my thoughts. He can help me.
The best part is, He wants to!

Do you want your thoughts to be different today?

Let's get into His Word, let's get into His head... as we invite Him into ours, to begin changing our minds.

This verse has meant a lot to me during the last few days... it's a good place to begin if you're struggling through your thoughts today. Go with God ladies!

"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things".
Philippians 4:8 NIV

6 comments:

  1. The mind is a battlefield for sure! Its amazing how fast our minds move from one subject to another. We need to surrender our thoughts to the Lord daily. Sometimes this doesn't come so easily because I think, "Eh, I can think about this or that and be okay." Then the repercussions comes from those thoughts. They don't even have to be bad thoughts, just getting down on ourselves or thinking about past failures. God is SO good to allow us His thoughts on things by reading His word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I find myself going back to that verse in Philippians again and again. It is especially important in the times we live in to keep our minds focused on the things that matter, filled with thoughts that are pleasing to him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Angel, pleasing Him with passionate obedience has been on my mind today! That sounds very appealing to me! Keep your focus girl! Thanks for sharing your heart!

      Delete
  3. Amy, you have said it well. Indeed, there is a battle in our mind. Guarding our heart and mind to ward off enemy attacks is necessary. Having the "mind of Christ" means we must intentionally store His Word in our hearts. Thank you for sharing your heart. Great verses too. ;) Blessings, Hester

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's been releasing in some 'thought patterns' that have dogged me,held me captive for years and it's just begun to occur, I mean, in the last 12 to 14 hours. Making this known to me by this new 'releasing reveal' as a washing of my soul by that very attentive cleaning/cleansing done unto me by the Holy Spirit. This I cannot deny and receive with calm joy and gratitude. The precious Godhead Three In One who is able to make all things new!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praise God Joanne! I am so excited right now! We serve a God who is ALIVE and WELL and able! His Holy Spirit is renewing your mind and mine! My heart is dancing for joy, maybe I should just jump up and do it! Blessings towards you today sister!

      Delete